November 10, 2016 Leave a comment
Our ForeFlight Plug-in sends GPS, AHRS, and Traffic data from Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D™ or Microsoft® Flight Simulator X to ForeFlight on your iPad or iPhone.
ForeFlight uses that data just as it would use data coming from a real GPS or ADS-B device. You can use ForeFlight with the simulator just like you would in an airplane, including the GPS, ADS-B Traffic, and Attitude Indicator features.
According to Flight1:
Once the connection is made, you’ll be able to:
- Practice using ForeFlight while you’re aviating, navigating, and communicating within the simulated world.
- Master using ForeFlight during VFR and IFR flights between any airports anywhere in the world, in any season, in any weather conditions, at any time of day or night.
- Learn to use ForeFlight features you might never have the opportunity to explore during a real flight in a real airplane.
- Build proficiency flying unfamiliar routes and procedures by “pre-flying” them using the flight simulation and ForeFlight.
- Practice using ForeFlight to perform route modifications and other potentially distracting tasks.
- Train using scenarios you could otherwise only complete in a real airplane (or via “chair flying” using your imagination).