The FAA has published a new training handbook, the Aviation Weather Handbook (FAA-H-8083-28). You can download the free PDF from the FAA website, here.
The preface explains that:
This handbook consolidates the weather information from the following advisory circulars (AC) into one source document. By doing this, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) intends to streamline access to the FAA’s weather documentation for users of the National Airspace System (NAS). The following ACs will remain in effect, but they will eventually be cancelled at a later date following the publication of this handbook:
- AC 00-6, Aviation Weather.
- AC 00-24, Thunderstorms.
- AC 00-30, Clear Air Turbulence Avoidance.
- AC 00-45, Aviation Weather Services.
- AC 00-54, Pilot Windshear Guide.
- AC 00-57, Hazardous Mountain Winds.