CH Products announced the Eclipse yoke for enthusiasts of PC-based flight simulations. It appears to be positioned as competition for the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System.
According to the press release, the new CH Eclipse yoke, which carries a suggested retail price of $249, includes:
- Fully programmable fingertip paddles, ideal for flight and racing simulations
- Programmable trim / scroll wheels with center push function
- Two backlit push buttons and a third traditional push button
- Two 8-way hat with rocker switch and trigger on both sides of handle
- Configurable POV hat for either left or right hand use
- Colored handles for throttle / prop / fuel mixture
- Three color LED selector dial giving you a total of 240 programmable functions with CH Control Manager software
- Six analog 10 bit axes for aileron, elevator, throttle, propeller pitch, fuel and rudder
- New and improved industrial grade material / components; indestructible robust plastic, free floating shaft and clamp extenders for the thinnest of desks
CH Products says the new Eclipse is "scheduled for takeoff in time for the holidays."
I will post a review of the new yoke as soon as I’ve had a chance to evaluate one with Microsoft Flight Simulator.